Sunday, August 10, 2008

Testimony!

For this financial update, I want to simply share a testimony about how amazing God is.

For the last 4 or 5 months - since before my outreach - I haven't really had any money to speak of. I've been praying a lot, trusting a lot, and God is just amazing. As I've written in my main blog,  God came through for my team on outreach so much, but he did for me personally as well. Although it has been hard to not get stressed out at times, I have never once been totally left high and dry - I always have money when I need it, and usually God blesses me more than enough.

Since I'm looking into the next 5 or so months and knowing I'll be in this same situation, I decided to fast and pray instead of worry.... I did this a couple different times, and the second day that I was fasting, our whole base had a time to bless one another with money, and I received over $250 from different people, and was able to bless someone else as well. I was just blown away at God's generosity. I was getting to the point of really wondering if I was going to make it, and I felt like the whole thing was really God saying, "I'm gonna get you through it, no amount is too big for me".  Also, those days that I was fasting, when I would go to pray, all I felt to say to God was to be thankful for and acknowledge (and remind myself) of how much he's blessed me in the past, and I also to pray for all of the people that have supported me, that God would bless their lives.  Since I've done that, God seems to just have poured down more and more on me. He is truly amazing!

I just wanted to share that with you! I'm still trusting God to take care of me and to get me the money to be able to visit home for Christmas..... but I'm able to believe more and more everyday that he will come through for me, because he's showing me more everyday that he truly does provide for every need! I hope that all of you around the world reading this are encouraged - God is good

Cait

No comments: